Saturday, October 6, 2007

Potholder Stamps

Here's a rubber stamping idea submitted by a reader. Ann writes:

Just like you talked about in your article on finding stamping supplies in all kinds of places, I found these nifty stamps in the housewares department at Wal-Mart just this week.

I spotted a display of fall colored potholders made out of some kind of rubber with raised leaf patterns. I grabbed two of them thinking they would make better stamps than potholders.


Here's a picture of the gold one just like it comes from the store.

I cut one potholder up and made four different stamps from it. You can see in the picture that I mounted two of them on some scraps of wood I had here at home.




I haven't used the stamps in a project yet, but here's a picture of some scrap card stock and watercolor paper I stamped with different inks for practice.

Ann




Wow, Ann, how creative of you! I can't wait to go to Wal-Mart and grab some of these for myself! Now even the housewares department is looking like fun. I can't wait to see a finished project. Please share pictures with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post!!Thanks for sharing the beauty.
www.lifeinfozone.com/category/misc/rubber-stamping